Great Oakley Community Hub
- Type of Community-Led Housing: Community Land Trust
- County: Essex
- Local Authority: Tendring District Council
- Number of Homes: To be decided
- Year of Completion: Build not yet started
- More information: https://www.goch.org.uk/community-housing
Great Oakley Community Hub Ltd, a Community Benefit Society, was set up to try and find a way to purchase the local pub at Great Oakley, The Maybush Inn, and reopen it on behalf of the community. It is a co-operative, not-for-profit company with locals investing money as shareholders. After much time and effort they were successful in purchasing the pub and they finally got the keys on 12th February 2016 and have been open ever since.
They are now looking to develop affordable community-led housing as a development of their community hub. You can read more about their ambitions on their website.