Eastern Community Homes has been established to provide essential support for communities across the East of England wishing to pursue successful community led housing projects.
Its aim is to increase the supply of community led housing, primarily affordable homes, to meet local needs in the areas covered by the partners in the Hub.
This is achieved through advice, support and guidance – increasing knowledge, developing skills and building capacity to realise development opportunities.
What is community led housing?
- Housing which is built or brought back into use by local people
- Projects genuinely understood and supported by the community
- Homes owned or managed by people in the community
- Benefits to local community are legally protected in perpetuity
What is Eastern Community Homes?
- A resource and advice hub for communities in the East of England looking for support with developing affordable housing
- Part of a national movement to help communities take action on housing
- Funded initially through the Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government’s Community Housing Fund we are working towards developing a long-term, sustainable business model
- Hosted by Cambridgeshire ACRE, trusted community development charity with 90+ years’ experience
- A first port of call for advice, resources and useful contacts
What does Eastern Community Homes do?
- One-to-one support helps you progress more quickly
- Introduce you to professionals
- Connect with local planners
- Identify other potential partners
- Networking opportunities with other community housing groups