Cambridgeshire ACRE is hosting Eastern Community Homes, the Community Led Housing Hub for the East of England, providing support and accessing technical expertise for groups making new affordable homes for their communities.
Eastern Community Homes has been set up by a consortium of the six rural community councils in the East of England:
- Bedfordshire Rural Communities Charity – https://bedsrcc.org.uk/
- Cambridgeshire ACRE – http://www.cambsacre.org.uk/
- Community Action Norfolk – http://www.communityactionnorfolk.org.uk/sites/
- Community Action Suffolk – https://www.communityactionsuffolk.org.uk/
- Community Development Action Hertfordshire – https://www.cdaherts.org.uk/
- Rural Community Council of Essex – https://www.essexrcc.org.uk/
Eastern Community Homes supports communities from all these areas as they progress community led housing projects in conjunction with housing experts and relevant planning authorities.
During its development phase, Eastern Community Homes is being funded through the Community Led Homes Enabler Hub Grant Programme. This Programme aims to expand the network of specialist regional organisations helping groups of local people to develop their own community led housing solutions ans is funded by the Community Housing Fund from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG). More information can be found at www.communityledhomes.org.uk/getfunding