Why is it important?
Good governance enables effective and prudent management to help ensure the organisation achieves its agreed objectives.
Achieving good governance will depend upon structures, processes, board competencies / behaviours and performance management.
For every community led organisation there are a number of key considerations including:
- How do we form a steering group / who should be involved?
- The formal constitution – which form should it take?
- Membership – who is eligible to join and what is its relationship to the board?
- When should we appoint board members?
- What are the roles / responsibilities of board members, the chair and treasurer?
We can help you with:
- General advice and support
- Guiding through the range of legal forms and the incorporation process
- Establishing a membership and community accountability
- Determining roles and responsibilities
- Helping acquire the necessary skills / experience
- Performing health checks
- Training and board Peer Support Groups
- Providing links to specialist legal professionals and services