A new report published by the National CLT Network titled ‘State of the Sector 2020’ looks at the influence and impact of Community Land Trusts in the last 12 months.
Some of the key findings:
- The number of CLTs in England has increased from 20 to 347 between 2008 and 2020.
- The number of homes built by CLTs in this time has increased from 79 to 1,062, with an additional 7,000 CLT homes planned for completion in the next 5 years.
- The size of schemes CLTs are developing is becoming larger with the average size pipeline scheme consisting of 26 homes whilst the average completed CLT project is made up of 12 homes.
- CLTs often gain local support for new developments where traditional private developers cannot.
- There are currently 67 CIH-accredited Community-Led Housing Advisors in England and Wales with a further 96 pending accreditations.
By the end of 2020, Eastern Community Homes will have 7 accredited advisors.